Monday, September 13, 2010

Backyard Civility



When I awoke this morning to let the dog out in the backyard, I was reminded how as humans companionship and being good to each other makes our lives much more fufulling. There were two frogs at my back porch, one was stranded in my dog's water bowl, franticly trying to get out. Poor guy must have spent hours treading water trying to escape. The second frog was waiting at the edge of the bowl, waiting for his fellow frog to escape his troublesome situation. He could have left and headed back to the creek, but he stuck by his friends side. I think that too often we don't think about helping (even if it's moral support) each other, and the frogs reminded me of that this morning. I tilted the bowl, and let the frog free, and they both left at the same time, together, and I'm guessing happy. Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment