Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Live One - Farmhouse by Phish in Austin

Since moving to Austin I have been surrounded by great music and musicians, and one of my favorites and good friends is local drummer (of Moving Matter and A Live One) and "wayall" man Dan McGreevy. While I wasn't necessarily up to par on the "jam band" scene (if you must label it), Dan showed me that this style of music grows on you quite fast, and to make a long story short, after hating Phish (more like not giving them a shot because of the circumstances) since the late 90's they have turned into a band that I listen to almost everyday. This started with Farmhouse, and since then I've been celebrating their entire catalog. If you are in Austin and can't follow Phish around on tour, check out Dan's band A Live One, and you will be dancing your ass off in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment