Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sun City Senior Citizen Puts Strain on Netflix

One of my favorite people in the whole world is my Grandpa. Everyday for over three years now I have called him on my way home from work. In almost four years I've only had several days that I haven't spoken to him.We usually talk for 15-30 minutes on average.

He is an amazing person, and I love him so much. He has helped me so much in my life, and I wanted to give back.

So in 2006 I bought him a cell phone for X-mas, and have had him on my family plan ever since. In 2007 I decided to keep the X-mas spirit alive, and purchase him a Netflix Subscription.

I put him on the 3 at a time plan, and it wasn't enough. So we upped it to the 4 at a time, and that did the trick. I have been handpicking his movies since the beginning, and it truly is an awesome thing that I can do show him how much I care.

His favorite actor is Clint Eastwood, with Steven Seagal a close second. He watches a movie every night (Except for Tuesdays because NCIS is on), and I couldn't be happier with his enjoyment of this service. He has watched well over 650 movies in the last two and a half years (he has a list he keeps of every movie he's watched), and here's to many more to come!

We have had a couple of "weird" ones (like O Brother Where Art Thou), but he truly loves action movies, mysteries, and again anything with Steven Seagal.

I'm sure if every Netflix customer had this kind of activity, they would have to raise their prices. I love you Grandpa, and save some popcorn for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment