Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mat McHugh, John Butler Trio, and the Flashlight in My Eye

We had a great time during the John Butler Trio and Mat McHugh show. John Butler Trio reminded me of Xavier Rudd blended with Dave Matthews Band live (with a hint of Ozomatli's energy).

I was expecting to see The Beautiful Girls play as the second band, but apparently I didn't read the fine print and was very bummed (I sent C3 an email explaining why). We still were very impressed with both performances, and I have been a big fan of Mat for quite some time. It was great to see him perform live all the way from Australia, and I look forward to his next trip into town (hopefully with the whole band).

The only annoyance (good parking karma was had) was the bouncer who kept shining his light at anyone taking pictures or taking video, he even came out into the crowd, leaving the stage unguarded, something I've never seen before. So I had to get all James Bond on him.

Overall, good music was had and it was great weather to be under the stars at Stubb's.

Here is Mat live at Stubbs:

No comments:

Post a Comment