Friday, February 18, 2011

Kaya and Dotti Kuhn Documentary

My Good Boy Kaya
Yesterday our dog Kaya had to be put down. I loved him so much, and have enjoyed the last decade with this beloved dog. It has brought out so many deeply rooted emotions in me, that I kept finding myself bringing back the feelings that I had when I lost my childhood dog Dotti.
My Dotti
Although the two deaths occured 17 years apart, both dogs looked similar, had a playful warm hearted nature, and both hold a deep spot in my heart. When I was 13 Dotti died, and I wrote a documentary about it. Luckily it was held on to, and I have transcribed it in this post below. It is fairly long, so if you don't have time to read it I will understand... One thing that I loved about my first "documentary" are these quotes:

"Then on the evening of 9-24-94 Dotti went to the river for her last time. She was hit by a car and died instantly. Dotti was 63 years old in doggy years when she died. She was cremated at the pound and lived a happy life. She died going where she always had a lot of fun. You never realize how much you love something until its gone, and we all miss you Dotti"

"...at first had some rivalry at the beginning, but soon they all became friends and always partied".

Back to Kaya, he and I were always connected on deep level. While I never lived with Kaya, whenever I was with him he was there for me, and just had an uncanny way of giving you love all time (especially when you needed it the most). Here is a video I created of our beloved Kaya:



Here is the Documentary from 1994 with pictures, this is taken word for word from my folder with laminated pages (OG Blogger... :).

Telling my stories for awhile now :)



Written by Matt Kuhn Sept. 26th, 1994 Dotti Kuhn – Documentary
Dotti Kuhn was a great Dog who was different from the rest. She was our first dog and very special to us. When she came hobbling down the road 6 years ago, none of us knew how special she was going to be. I told my dad to go get some dog food because she was just skin and bones. Her and Tramp, the Thomas’s dog got along well. Dotti then had puppies with Ronald, (neighbor dog).
First day of School with Dotti
We all pretended that tramp was the father (even though he was fixed) because we always considered tramp and dotti boyfriend and girlfriend. But later the puppies were running around and very cute. Then tramp was put to sleep because he was old and suffering. Everyone was sad and Tramp lived a long and happy life.
Dotti, Walt, and her Boyfriend Tramp
Meanwhile the puppies were getting bigger and we couldn’t contain them. One night 3 of the puppies were missing. We looked all over, but they were gone. We then gave one of them away to one of my dad’s co-workers. Then two nights later the rest disappeared. We looked around and found daisy, after that Daisy began to grow. She was bigger than Dotti at 6 months. She chewed up shoes and anything else she could get her teeth on.
Dotti and Her Puppies
Some nights they would go down to the river (which we didn’t know at the time) across highway nine by glen arbor road bridge. They would always come back wet. Bu one day Daisy didn’t come back. She died at just 18 months old. (R.I.P.)
My Dad, the Puppies, Me, and A Bud
Sometimes we see the puppies up at valley view that disappeared. We didn’t know what happened to daisy for a while. Dotti was sad for quite some time but she got over it. Dotti would pick up some strange habits like she always moaned when she was happy, and she always had a leaf or something as a present whenever she saw someone she knew.
Dotti and Gretchen
In 1993 the Thomas’s got a dog named Gretchen, dotti became her mother and her teacher when she came here as a puppy. Dotti taught Gretchen everything she knew, and treated as if she was her puppy. They bonded and became very close. Dotti took Gretchen down to the river often at night. One night dotti came back alone. Hours later that morning Gretchen came hobbling up the driveway. She was blood and had several broken ribs. She recovered but she still limps today. (9-28-94).
My Brother Walt and Dotti
Then when Gretchen was older, two new neighbor dogs moved in. Dusty and Ruger at first had some rivalry at the beginning, but soon they all became friends and always partied. Then on the evening of 9-24-94 Dotti went to the river for her last time. She was hit by a car and died instantly. Dotti was 63 years old in doggy years when she died. She was cremated at the pound and lived a happy life. She died going where she always had a lot of fun. You never realize how much you love something until its gone, and we all miss you Dotti.
Dotti Kuhn 1985-1994
R.I.P.
PS: Check out the shoes I was wearing back in 94':

Cheers to Kaya and Dotti! Live Happily Ever Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment