Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5 Years Later

My Mom the week before she passed away
5 years ago today was the worst day of my life. My mom left this earth (barely 48 years young), and my life will never be the same. I can't believe that five years have passed since, and I still feel that day like it was yesterday.

Julie (mamba) will never be forgotten, whether it's 5 years later or 50 years later, she is my inspiration to be a better person, and to Live Happily Ever Now. My mom played the Ukulele, and it was fitting that Eddie Vedder released an amazing ukulele solo album recently. Here are some lyrics that resonate with me, and make me think of my mom. Cheers to you sweet Momma, and may we all Live Happily Ever Now!

Eddie Vedder - Goodbye

I've got our love to remember
That will never change
I have you in my head
And though I'll never hold you
And I'm still asking why
I guess that this is goodbye

My dreams suddenly seem so empty
I could go it on my own
But I feel like playin' dead
And for what feels like the first time
I don't know where you are tonight
I guess that this is goodbye


We lived half our lives together
A cloud full of tears, it's a lot of weight to bear
And the sun, it may be shining
But there's an ocean in my eyes
'Cause I know that this is goodbye
'Cause I know that this is goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment