Saturday, March 12, 2011

SOJA - SXSW Night 1 at The Parish

SOJA at The Parish - SxSW 2011
I have been a fan of SOJA since I caught them on tour with my boys Rebelution last year. The vocals and horns are very unique, and have a sound that is very soothing and distinct. This was a show that I have been looking forward to for awhile now, and a great way to start off SXSW 2011!

SOJA will always hold a special place in my heart due to the extent that we listened to them on our honeymoon last year in Europe (video here). I made one mix cd for Italy (I wasn't expecting no Ipod hook ups in the rental car), and with well over 15-20 hours spent in the car traveling with some our best friends Magnus and Sofia (who were amazing hosts that live in Sweden), we listened to that mix cd until it was haunting us in our sleep, and ingrained into our memory. The wonderful thing about this is now anytime the four of us hear any song off of that cd we will think about Italy and our wonderful trip throughout Europe.

Track 7 on Mankie Mix Europe: SOJA - Decide You're Gone




Track 1 on Mankie Mix Europe: SOJA - I don't Wanna Wait



Live Happily Ever Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment